Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh, what a beautiful morning, what a beautiful day...


It's been beautiful in the Bay Area.  The sun's been shining, the plants blooming, and women taking advantage by wearing ridiculously short "dresses"*.  Above is a picture of the empty lot on the corner, full of blooming flowers.

The first day of sun, I eagerly fished out my sandals from the bottom of my shoe bin.  I was so excited to give up my winter coat for lighter sweaters and wraps.  Stepping out into the sunshine felt so freeing.  And then it suddenly hit me - this is the weather we're going to have at our wedding.  Our wedding is THIS SEASON!  It's just around the corner - less than two months away.

Every day is one day closer to the wedding, and one less day we have to prepare for it.  Instead of this thought adding stress, it's felt so relaxing.  In less than two months, no matter what, Kate and I will be married.  We have food, a place, a rabbi, and a ketuba.  Sure, we don't know how our guests are going to get from the reception to the ceremony and back again, but we'll figure it out.  In two months, I'm going to be a really, really married lady.

In the meantime, Kate found a perfect shirt at Goodwill for the honeymoon.  It says Mrs. & Mrs.

Can't wait.

*This whole shirt as a dress phenomena has seriously confused folks.  Last week someone complimented me on my "shirt".  It was a knee-length dress that I wore with leggings.  

1 comment: