Thursday, October 21, 2010

We're moving!

My parents are some of the smartest people I know, and recently my mother wisely said, "Where are you going to put the centerpieces before the wedding in your small apartment?"  Good question, Mama.  I have no idea.  I don't even know where my wedding dress could go before the wedding.  Let's not even think about space for wedding presents...

So, we're moving.

Without any intention of following through, I did a lazy search on Craigslist and saw an apartment half a block from our shul.  It's an ideal location six blocks from BART, one block from Andronico's, and close enough that our Shomer Shabbos friends (people who won't travel on Shabbat) can come and eat with us.  So we went to go and look at it, and loved it.  It has three walk in closets!  I think that's enough space for centerpieces, don't you?

So we applied for it - and go it!  Just to be clear, Kate and I began our housing search on Tuesday and finished it on Wednesday.  The hope is that we will be signing the lease next week.  Easiest housing search ever!

Bathroom with a full tub

The living room.  Walk in closet on the right, with a dresser!

The bedroom.  Walk in closet on the right.  No dresser.

The kitchen.

Not pictured: laundry room downstairs, third walk in closet in the hallway, our own parking spot, and our synagogue half a block away.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out how unfair it is that it took you two days of "not really trying" apartment hunting to find the perfect place and it took us well over a month of agonizing, reaching a low point of touring somewhere that smelled like crotch and, lo and behold, had the maintenance guy's crotch hair and underwear on the bathroom fair. So unfair.

    That being said, if you are worried about Kate seeing your wedding dress before the wedding, you can keep it at my place! I promise not to defile it in retaliation for the apartment thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What a great find! I need to run up to the bay area to visit! I can "oooh" and "aaah" like you can't believe so think about it! LOL

    -e.

    ReplyDelete