Monday, October 11, 2010

Choosing Oakland

When picking a venue, Kate and I fell in love with a few places in Marin, but we kept looking.  We really wanted to have the wedding in the East Bay, and specifically in Oakland.  Oakland gets a pretty bad rep when you see it in the news, but it's an absolutely amazing community.  I'm an alum of an Oakland college, and I chose Oakland to make my home.  We both wanted to get married in this great city, and show our family and friends what we love about the city.

I've been playing around with invitations recently, but have been having a hard time finding the right tree and colors to include.  My latest idea is to use the City of Oakland tree to subtly show off our Oakland pride. It's my new inspiration.  I have no idea if my Oakland pride will get me through this creative slump, but here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment