Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The search goes on!

My mother found the most amazing blog post ever.  I have no idea how my mom finds such amazing things, but she is a serious Master Googler.

City Homestead (the blog) outlines exactly what we want in a wedding location (beautiful, outside, cheap, in Oakland/Berkeley), then gives a comprehensive list of all these great places!  The awesome post is here.

I haven't even been able to really dig deep into the blog yet, but it's amazing.  My current favorite is Joaquin Miller Park in the Oakland hills.  I'll let City Homestead describe it for you:

Joaquin Miller Park (Oakland hills): Beautiful WPA-era park with several popular wedding sites and some picnic grounds available as well. Owned by the City of Oakland, but very close to the EBRPD parks; I have trouble keeping track of which parks OPR runs and which parks EBRPD runs! Alcohol and amplified sound require permits. (This is also the only city park in Oakland that allows alcohol.) Picnics must be done by 10 pm.
Cost: Varies by specific site ($100 to $200)


Now, if you're too lazy to click the link, this is the picture you're missing:
Awesome, right?  Do you see those picnic tables in the sun?  SCORE!

I can't wait to have the time to go through the rest of the locations!

No comments:

Post a Comment