Monday, March 14, 2011

Wedding dress re-visited

Remember that beautiful and simple wedding dress I bought?  Well, I just bought a different one.*

First, I needed to lose weight for that dress to fit me properly.  I'm not losing weight (or gaining either, thankfully), but that means that I was starting to get nervous about the dress.

Second, I gave into the Wedding Industrial Complex. Well, more specifically, Kate and I gave in.  She has encouraged me to spend lots of money (a lot of money to me at least) on a dress filled with sequins and embroidery and puff.  So we went to David's Bridal** yesterday and I tried on some dresses.

I liked the dress I bought originally.  But then I tried on something with a little more typical wedding-ness (embroidery, sequins).  Kate really liked it on me.  I thought it looked pretty too.

So I went to the internet and started googling.  And this is what I came up with.

Another A-line dress with embroidery.  I'm a little nervous about the sequins, but I did confirm the broach comes off (if you look at the pictures on the website).  It has a corset back and comes pre-bustled (thank G-d!  I don't want a train!)  I think it looks pretty.  And Kate's really into it - which is the important part.

I'm going to have to have it taken in, but it saves me from the problem I'm having right now.  The dress most definitely will fit.

*I had been saying the whole time that I can simply sell the dress again on eBay and recoup the $60 I spent on the dress.  Not that big of a deal.


**Do not go into David's Bridal on a weekend without an appointment.  You will regret it.  Also, David's Bridal is a scary contributer to the Wedding Industrial Complex and continues the myth that a wedding day is the bride's most important day ever.  Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy
    Please let me know how I can help with accoutrement surrounding your outfits.
    xoxox
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any pictures of you in a mermaid-style? Your the only person I know with the hips for one and I want to see what they look like on real humans.

    ReplyDelete