Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lots of news

I owe you a bunch of updates, but have been terribly short on time.  I hope you don't mind the short update.

1. Totally Successfully Crafternoon!
Thank you to everyone who showed up to help make fabric flowers, find awesome quotes from books, decoupage candles, and keep me sane.  For those who couldn't come and join the awesomeness, a few (bad quality phone) photos below.

2. Invitations!
Invitations have been printed and sent.  If you find a mistake on the invitation, I don't want to hear about it.  The printer accidentally gave us twice the amount of invitations we ordered (300 rather than 150) so now we have over 200 extra invitations.  I invite (ha ha, sorry for the pun) any great ideas on what to do with them.  When we uploaded the spreadsheet of guests to The Knot, I thought they had accidentally doubled it.  Turns out, no, we actually did just invite 168 guests.  Ouch.

3. Last Name
Kate and I are going to change our last names.  We want to honor our heritage while also setting a path toward building a family together.  It's important for us that our children feel connected with both our families and with each other, and this is one of the easy ways we can help instill that idea and emotion.

We want to have a name that resembles both of our last names.  If you have any creative suggestions on how to combine Churchon and Smallenburg, please send them our way!  Our current favorite is Bergon.

And now, 
Photo Time!!!

Pooh Bear centerpiece.  Books bought at Goodwill and used book store.  Fabric flowers made by friends!

You can't see it, but these are awesome.  Decoupaged with pages taken from books, tissue paper, glitter and purple paint, and some amazing creativity.



Hi!  I'm a finished centerpiece!  I'm made with fabric flowers made in the crafternoon, pictures taken from a Shel Silverstein book (hellooooo Goodwill), some awesome fabric-type stuff from the East Bay Depot for Creative ReUse, and puff paint that Margee drew all over the book with.


3 comments:

  1. I wish we could have been there to play, I mean help. The centerpieces look wonderful and very creative. I still vote for Smurch. Kind of reminds me of the Adams Family. Nevermind. Smallenburg goofiness is beginning to wear off on me. Kate! Is there a remedy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Allon (for last name)? To me, Bergon sounds like begone somehow... (Jen M)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful centerpieces. I can't wait for the pics on this wedding! It'll be so epic!

    ReplyDelete