Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's all about the dress - kind of


Over here on blog-central, it's been all about the dress.  At home too.  But not because I want the perfect dress.

I want to get the dress shopping out of the way.  I don't really care about the "perfect" dress, I just want a dress I feel and look good in.  I know generally what that is (an A-line with a little detail).  To go green I've been looking at used dresses online, on eBay, eBay classifieds, craigslist, and Amazon.  But going online shopping isn't the same as doing it in-person.

I want something tangible to prove that I'm getting married, to prove that there is progress being made in this wedding planning business.  But the wedding is just a day, it's the marriage I care about.  And I'm going to feel beautiful and radiant on May 29 no matter what I'm dressed in.

But I did bid on a dress yesterday!  Who knows if I'll get it.  But it was the style I wanted and a great price.  I'd prefer to go dress shopping with my mom- and I still may do that even if I get this dress.  But how could I pass up a dress I really liked for $65?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I haven't even given thought about dress shopping or wedding planning, even though I've been engaged since February. I wanted to be done with school before I got married, so he knew what he was getting into before he asked. Still, it would be nice to actually start planning what is supposed to be the happiest day of a girl's life...

    I feel like I have a lot more weight to lose before I'll feel good about any pictures I'll be in during the wedding. I get what you mean about the actual being married thing though--part of me just wants to be married to the love of my life and screw the actual day.

    Decisions, decisions.

    Anyway, lots of love and Merry Christmas :)
    Lianne

    ReplyDelete