Monday, November 15, 2010

THE dress


I've watched a few episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress", and it's all rather obscene.  Rather than feeling inspired to spend thousands of dollars on a dress, I feel like running the other direction - right into a sun dress.  I do not want to look like an ice queen or sexy beauty pageant princess.  I want to look fantastic and beautiful - and I don't need an $11,000 dress to accomplish that.

I'm not intoxicated by most of the traditional gowns.  I want a dash of color.  I want some pizazz.  I want straps to keep it up that heavy white beast, because I'm going to dance the night away.  But, most of all, I want to feel both comfortable and beautiful.  Traditional "bridal gowns" don't feel like they even begin to give you those options. I am not looking forward to wedding dress shopping in a few months.  Any ideas, friends?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I kind of like how *that* dress would look on you - but you're right. I think straps are a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love say yes to the dress, but I agree on how unrealistic it all is.
    I love shopping, and would love to help with dress shopping if ya need some moral support! I'll let you know if I have any ideas!!

    ReplyDelete