Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Creating beauty

Picture from Maize in Montana

I'm grateful that Kate is making sure our wedding uses sustainable goods that are good for the earth and the people who made the items, but it's also such a pain when trying to keep the budget reasonable!  After rejecting some ideas, I think we've figured out what we're going to do for our centerpieces, thanks to some direction from our photographer (more on that in another post)!

I hope to decoupage votive candles (that were given to us by Kate's aunt) with book pages and colored decoupage.  Kate wants to create the actual centerpieces using fabric and paper (gotten from the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse) and make flowers that come spilling out from books.

I'm excited, and now that I have my creative juices flowing, I just want to go home and create!

No comments:

Post a Comment